Posts Tagged ‘kaliyuga’
चत्वारि भारते वर्षे युगानि भरतर्षभ
कृतं तरेता दवापरं च पुष्यं च कुरुवर्धन
4 पूर्वं कृतयुगं नाम ततस तरेतायुगं विभॊ
संक्षेपाद दवापरस्याथ तथ पुष्यं परवर्तते
5 चत्वारि च सहस्राणि वर्षाणां कुरुसत्तम
आयुः संख्या कृतयुगे संख्याता राजसत्तम
6 तत्र तरीणि सहस्राणि तरेतायां मनुजाधिप
दविसहस्रं दवापरे तु शते तिष्ठति संप्रति
7 न परमाण सथितिर हय अस्ति पुष्ये ऽसमिन भरतर्षभ
गर्भस्थाश च मरियन्ते ऽतर तथा जाता मरियन्ति च (Link)
In this passage the name of kaliyuga is given as puSya.
Satya Sarada Kandula
- Saptarishi Position at the Time of Parikshit’s Birth and Yudhisthira’s Coronation : 74/75 years after Makha beginning : 3138 BCE
- Saptarishi Position at 0 Kaliyuga : 3102 BCE
- Aslesha (given : computed by author ): direction counting backwards by 25 years
- Kaliyuga Raja Vruttantam
- Saptarishi Position at MahaPadma Nanda (Chanakya): Poorvashada middle (observed):
- This is calculated as 10.5 centuries.. direction of counting forwards..
- Taking the direction of counting backwards, and using 100 year per Nakshatra Rule, I get 1650 years after Kaliyuga to the middle of Purvashada (1552 BCE);
- Vishnu Purana, IV, 24.112)
- For resolution see : Which Nanda was indicated by the Saptarishis in Purvashaada Nakshatram : Vishnu Puranam
- Saptarishi Position at the beginning of the Saka Era referred by Varahamihira : (beginning 2526 years after Yudhisthira.. as calculated by Varahamihira, using the 100 year per nakshatra rule given by Vrddha Garga and quoted by Varahamihira).
- We calculate Aslesha counting forwards.
- We calculate Poorvaphalguni counting backwards.
- Brihat Samhita
- Saptarishi Position at the beginning of Saka Era referred by Vateswara :
- Vateswara Siddhanta
- 4000-3102 = 898 BCE
- 4000 years corresponds to a movement of 42.3 nakshatras as per Vateswara; 42.3-27=15.3
- This brings us to the beginning of Uttarashada (counting backwards).
- This brings us the to the beginning of Uttarabhadra (counting forwards).
Saptarishi Position presently : Poorva Phalguni as per Vateswara, Hasta as per Varahamihira, counting backwards.
- Arudra according to me.. just looking at the sky map,, I may be wrong
- If Arudra is right then Bharata War is 58 centuries ago, not 51 centuries ago…
As per Al Biruni, 4000 Kaliyuga = 821 Saka Kala : Reference
That give us 3179 Kaliyuga = 0 Saka kala.
Kaliyuga 0 is 3102 BCE. (As accepted by many millenia of Indian Astronomers.)
Therefore 77 CE (AD), is Saka Era as per Al Biruni
4000 Kaliyuga is the basis of the karanagrantha used by Vateswara
His basis is Vatesvara’s Karanasara : Vatesvara, an ancient Kashmiri Astronomer, his Karanasara and Siddhanta : R.N. Rai, INSA
- 4000 Kaliyuga is the basis of the karanagrantha used by Vateswara. (See : Al Biruni : Kaliyuga , Saka Kala conversion)
- 3000 Kaliyuga must be the basis of the Karanagrantha used by Varahamihira.
- In terms of Vatesvara’s Saka Era, 3000 Kaliyuga is minus 179 Saka Era.
- This means 179 year before the Sakakarta considered by Vatesvara.
- 3000 Kaliyuga was 427 in Varahamihira’s Saka Era.
- Therefore Varahamihira’s Saka Era started 606 years before Vateswara’s Saka Era.
- 1000 = 821-427 + x; x = 606;
See Also : How many kinds of Sakas (Eras) are there?
Authorship and Copyright Notice : All Rights Reserved : Satya Sarada Kandula
As I was going through the Telugu and Kannada calendars for 2010, I found these interesting dates marked.
(See Also : How many kinds of Yugas are there? as well as Manus and Manvantaras.) Now, it is commonly known and accepted that the current year is 5110 of Kaliyuga and that on Ugadi of the next year ie on March 16th 2010, we will enter year 5111 of Kaliyuga. Its name in the 60th year cycle is Vikruti Nama Samvatsaram. (You can find all the year names here : Kalpas, Manvantaras, Samvatsaras ). We also know that Tamilians, Jains, Malayalis and others have their new years at different times of the year. (More : Tamil and Hindi Calendar Month Name Variations with Sanskrit (Telugu) Month Names)
What I was intrigued to find was that Feb 13th 2010 was marked as Kaliyuga antham and Haripada Punyakalam in the Telugu Calendar. That day is an Amavasya, Sravana Nakshatram. It is the last day of Magha Masam. The previous day is Maha Siva Ratri and Kumbha Sankranthi. (When the sun enters Kumbha Rasi). The next month is Phalguna Masam.
In the Kannada Calendar I found Feb 13th marked as Dwapara Yugadi. There is a system in which the Yugas can be counted Kruta to Kali and Kali to Kruta.
I have given in this post the dates of Raivata Manvadi and Indra Savarnika Manvadi in the year 2009 as per Telugu calendar.
Further I found that Rudra Savarnika Manvadi is due on Aug 3rd 2010. It is also Aslesha Karthe , the beginning of the fortnight when the sun passes in front of the Aslesha Nakshatram. It is Ashada Krishna Ashtami, Bharani Nakshatram.
And Aug 17th has been given as the date of the Krutha Yuga Antham.
Telugu Calendar Used : created by Sri Sringeri, Sri Jagadguru, Mahasamsthana, Sri Matha Jyotisha Vidwan, Lanka Venkateswara Siddhanti, and Sri Dayananda Saraswathi and published by N.V. Gopal and Co.
Kannada Calendar Used : Bangalore Press
Authorship and Copyright Notice : All Rights Reserved : Satya Sarada Kandula
Varahamihira said that Mahapadmananda ascended the throne 1050 years after Pariskshit was born. How he decided this was… Vishnu Purana states that the Saptarshis, which are supposed to move @ one Nakshatra for every 100 years (IV.24) had moved 10 Nakshatras from Magha to Purvashada during this interval, between the war (Parikshit’s birth) and Mahapadma Nanda’s accession, which therefore comes to 10×100 = 1000 years.
Aryabhatta said that The line of the Saptarshis intersected the middle of Magha Nakshatra in the year of Kaliyuga 1910. That information is suspect – not in Aryabhattiyam
If we combine these statements., we can come to the conclusion that Bharata war took place in Kaliyuga 1910 as per Aryabhatta’s reckoning, since Parikshit was born soon after the war ended.
That means that Markandeya’s Kaliyuga Zero Point Year (Krishna’s death) – 27 = (Bharata War) = Aryabhatta’s Zero Point Kaliyuga Year + 1910. (Pariskshit’s birth).
This means that Krishna’s death took place in Aryabhatta’s Zero Point Kaliyuga Year + 1910 + 27.
It would also mean that when Aryabhatta corrected the calendars, the Bharata war was pushed back 1937 years, by any later scholars who assumed that the zero points of Markandeya kaliyuga and Aryabhatta Kaliyuga were the same.
Quoted from: http://www.boloji.com/history/043.htm
- According to Aryabhatta “The line of the Saptarshis intersected the middle of Magha Nakshatra in the year of Kaliyuga 1910” (No such indication in the Aryabhattiyam)
- According to Vishnu Purana, the Saptarshis were in that very same position at the birth of Parikshit.
- This Purana also states that the Saptarshis, which are supposed to move @ one Nakshatra for every 100 years (IV.24) had moved 10 Nakshatras from Magha to Purvashada during this interval, between the war and Mahapadma Nanda’s accession, which therefore comes to 10×100 = 1000 years”
We know that Aryabhatta lived after Vyasa and could not have influenced him. We know this because of a statement that Aryabhatta made. He said that he lived 6×60 years after Kali Yuga started. (Some people say that he said 60×60 years after Kali started.. is the word shahtyabdanam shadbhih or is it shastyabdanam shahstih..? : Page 70; 9th samputamu, Vijnana Sarvasvamu, Telugu Encyclopedia) We believe that he lived 360 years into kaliyuga and not 3600 years after. Either way, he lived after Vyasa, who wrote the Mahabharatam from 1 year Kali to 4 year Kali. from : https://oldthoughts.wordpress.com/how-many-kinds-of-yugas-are-there/
- If statement 1 above is true then, Aryabhatta must have lived 3600 years after Kaliyuga began. (He was 23 when he made the statement). If Kaliyuga started in 3102 BC, then he was 23 in about 498 AD! or born in 475 AD. Statement 1 is in Doubt.
- The article quoted above refers to the “middle of Magha Nakshatra” while Tilak says that it was the ‘beginning” that is the point to be considered.
- Point 3 is also corroborated by Varahamihira.
- If point 2 is correct then Parikshit was born in 1910 Kaliyuga, which is 1192 BC.