Reference : Vishnu Puranam : First Amsa First adhyaya Page 1 onwards.
It was taught to Parasara by his father’s father (pituh pitA) Vasishtha Brahmarshi. Parasara’s father (Sakthi) was eaten by the Rakshasa sent by Viswamitra. (Shlokas 12 and 13 ). This made Parasara very angry when he found out about it and he set about to destroy all rakshasas, till he was dissuaded by Vasishtha. Vasishtha told him that only fools cultivated anger. Anger destroys fame (yas’ah) as well as penance (tapah). No one can kill anyone., its one’s own karma that kills one. Therefore don’t come under the control of anger. Forgiveness is the essence of Sadhus.
Out of respect for his grandfather’s words, Parasara stopped the satra and Vasishta was very pleased with him. At that time, Pulastya, the son of Brahma came there and accepted water (arghya) and asana. This elder brother of Pulaha was pleased by Vasishta’s peace loving gesture. He addressed Parasara as his child and blessed him that he would become a Puranakarta and become an expert in all sastras.
(Here we remember that Pulastya’s grandsona were Ravana, Vibhishana etc)
- Kalki Avatar and Kaliyuga – Vishnu Puranam
- Which Nanda was indicated by the Saptarishis in Purvashaada Nakshatram : Vishnu Puranam
- Kaliyuga duration 360000 years, 1200 divine years, Vishnu Puranam. Tracking the growth of the Kaliyugam from 12 to 432000 years
- Nanda came to power when the Saptarishis indicated Purvashaada : Vishnu Puranam
- Kaliyuga started, with Sri Krishna’s Ascent : Vishnu Puranam
- 1200 year Kaliyugam started in Parikshit’s time : Vishnu Puranam
- Saptarishis in Maghaa Nakhstaram at Parikshit’s time : Vishnu Puranam
- Parikshit to Nanda – 1050 years – Vishnu Puranam
- Krutha (Krita, Krta) Yuga Definition in Vishnu Puranam
- Magadha from Jarasandha to Satavahanas to pre Qutb Ud Din period as per Vishnu Puranam
Authorship and Copyright Notice : All Rights Reserved : Satya Sarada Kandula