- Astro : How much information can we gather from the mAsa name and the tithi?
- Astro : Happy śravāņa kŕşņāşțami
- Parents of the navagrahas..
- Astro : Sri Lakshmi’s elder sister Jyeshta.. Nakshatram?
- The Sun was covered by Sri Krishna’s Sudarshana Chakra : Astronomical Interpretation
- Date of Lagadha, Vedanga Jyotisha
- Why study Geo-Centric Astronomy?
- Telescopes in India : Mohana Sundara Rajan
- The dominant science of the times.
- Astro : History of Western Astronomy
- Astro : nakSatrANi forms (and hayagriva – astronomical interpretation)
- Astro : Ancient names for the nakSatrANi
- Astro : Ancient Names for the mAsA: (months)
- Resources : pdf for Download : vEdAnga jyotiSa
- Resources : Books : Astronomy through the telescope
- Did Ancient Indians have telescopes?
- Astro : Alignments : Edge or Centre? : Solstice, Eclipse, nakSatram
- Astro : Your Real rāśi : ayana-amśa : Fractional Movement
- Resources : Youtube : Earth’s motion around the Sun, not as simple as I thought
- Astro : Our Earliest Astronomical Observations : paitAmaha siddhAnta : Celestial Reference Point
- Astro : Reference Points
- Astro : Apparent Sizes & Total Eclipses
- Resources : Astro : puSya pakSa ayanAmśa
- Astro : pancAngam : tithi computation
- Astro : pancāngam : Computation of karaNā:
- Astro : pancAngam : Computation of yOga.
- Astro : Lunar longitudes and nakSatrANi
- Astro : guru’s transit from simha to kanyā
- Astro : 3 in makha, 5 in simha
- Resources : The Lunar Planner: Earth-Saturn Synodic Cycles
- Astro : When planets speed up and slow down
- Astro : mangala and vakra śani in anurādha nakşatram
- Astro : rāhu and kētu : The moon’s nodes : eclipses
- Astro : Retrograde Mars : vakra mangala/kuja/bhouma/angāraka
- How ideas gain acceptance in Science and Society
- Astro : Illusion and Freedom (Transits )
- Life and Non-Life.
- Lovely nights, Nice insights!
- Astro : Interesting Alignments
- Astro : this week for you, this month for you, this year for you
- Astro : kuja & śani gOcArA: Mars & Saturn, 12-1-2 Transits
- Astro : The Sun is in kRttika nakSatram. (kRttika kArte)
- Astrology : Time and Agents (karma)
- Astro : The degree of Sunrise Vs The degree of the sun
- That’s not the problem I want to work on.
- Astro : Sun in aświni : Another New Year!
- Agriculture : kŕşi parāśara by ŕşi parāśara : book
- The Celestial Sacred Thread
- Understanding Shadows and Introversion
- Astro: Cardinal, Hinge, cara rāšī:
- The Star in The East : uttarabhādrapada
- One degree NE. Sunrise at R.K. beach, Visakhapatnam
- vişu : east : indra : spring equinox
- Tomorrow, the Sun will really rise in the East
- Astronomy : dakSiNAyanam, karkATaka sankramaNam
- Astronomy : The Luni-Solar Calendar
- Astro – Locating the grahAs
- Astrology : An experiment with transits
- Astrology : Dual House Ownership in Horoscope « Janma Kundali, Free Astrology Software
- Geo-Centric Astronomy : kArtika amAvAsya 2015
- A good time to meditate.
- Birthdays : hanumān and gaņēśa
- Time Specification
- Words : graha, grāha, vigraha, guru-graha
- Time : Measurement – 1
- Astrology : Do I know or do I know not?
- Astrology : Marriage muhurtā: – uttaraphālguņi
- Astrology : The sixth house : şaşțha sthāna
- Astrology : The 8th house : aşțamasthāna
- Resources : Castes : Historic Alleys: Thiyya’s of Malabar
- Astrology : muhurtA: Weather
- Astrology : Is amāvāsya auspicious?
- Astrology : Selecting Marriage muhurtAs
- stOtrAs : for the good marriage of children
- Astrology : Should we check for compatibility in love marriages?
- Resources: Astrology : Panchangam Calculations by Karanam Ramakumar
- Resources : Astrology : Nadi Dosha and Married Life
- Resources :Astrology: Bhakoot Dosha & Married Life
- Resources : Astrology : Grahamaitri koota | Ashtakoota explained
- Indian Rtus, rutus, ritus, seasons in north and south calendars
- nakSatrANi vai kArtIka deepAni
- mahA s’ivarAtri : The most ancient time-shifted winter solstice (new year) festival.
- 12 Jyotirlingas. 12 Rasis.
- Hindu Predictive Astrology: The effects of kEtu – the mOkSakAraka
- What is loss?
- Hindu Predictive Astrology: graha bala (Strength) – 1
- Hindu Predictive Astrology: The profession House
- Ancient Indian Astrology: There are Different Flavours
- Hindu Predictive Astrology: The residents of the houses of profit and of loss.
- Link to article on kArakas
- Hindu Predictive Astrology: The lords of the houses of profit and loss – 2
- Hindu Predictive Astrology: Lagna (janmalagna) or Ascendant – 1
- Astronomical Significance : Ganesha – Karthikeya Race
I am in the process of organising and ordering my work into books and making them available for purchase.
You may have to wait a little for the book of your interest to be available.
|1||Aswini – aświns||Beta Arietis|
|2||Bharani – yama||35 Arietis|
|3||Kritika – agni||Eta Tauri|
|4||Rohini – prajApati||Aldebaran|
|5||Mrigasira – sOma||Lambda Orionis|
|6||Aridra – rudra||Alpha Orionis|
|7||Punarvasu – aditi||Beta Geminorium|
|8||Pushya – bRhaspati||Delta Cancri|
|9||Aslesha – sarpa||Alpha Hydroe|
|10||Magha – pitR||Regulus|
|11||Poorvaphalguni – bhaga||Delta Leonis|
|12||Uttaraphalguni – Aryama||Beta Leonis|
|13||Hasta – savitA||Delta Corvi|
|14||Chitra – tvaSTa||Spica Virginis -Vegus|
|15||Swati – vAyu||Arcturus|
|16||Visakha – indrAgni||Alpha Libroe|
|17||Anuradha – mitra||Delta Scorpio|
|18||Jyehsta – indra||Antares|
|19||Moola – nirRti||Lambda Scorpio|
|20||Poorvashadha – Apa:||Delta Sagittari|
|21||Uttarashadha – viśvadEvA:||Sigma sagittari|
|22||Sravana – viSNu||Alpha Aquiloe|
|23||Dhanshita – vasava||Beta Delphinum|
|24||Satabisha – varuna||Lambda Aquarius|
|25||Poorvabhadrapada – ajaekapAt||Alpha Pegasi|
|26||Uttarabhadrapada – ahirbudhna||Gama Pegasi|
|27||Revati – pUSan||Zeta Piscum|
From my childhood elders at home and school have always advised me to say “Rama, Rama” when in doubt, fear or trouble. They told me that Rama nama would protect me from all manner of troubles and bless me in every way. I sincerely believed in and followed this advice, with the additional belief that you only have to chant Sri Rama’s name and Hanuman is personally present next to you and on your side. This was a great thrill for me…
Recently in my yoga class, my Veda guru, advised me to touch the tip of my tongue to the top of my palate, for as much time as possible. She said that that yoga mudra helped people achieve emotional balance.
In trying to teach some of my young friends how to do this I asked them to make the sound “ra”. The Indian sound, not the “rolled” American one.
Also in pranayama class, we have to say, “mmmmmmmm” like a bee when we breathe out for the bhramari form of praaNaayaama, as well as in some of the yogaasanaas.
okay, now, what is ra +a + mmmmmmmmmmm + a?
Rama! Of Course!
My elders were having me do a very easy and beneficial yoga mudra + pranayama, while filling my head with delightful and cheerful thoughts of Sri Rama and Hanuman.
In the Vishnu Sahasranaama, Siva tells Parvati that one utterance of Rama’s name is equal to a thousand names of Vishnu.
Thanks to the good old Rama Sethu issue, Rama’s name is on the lips of all believers and non-believers alike, doing a world of good to politicians, lawyers, judges, journalists and lay people too.
Either with devotion or hatred, with faith or with reason everyone in this country and interested in this country is chanting the name of Sri Rama, and gathering at the very minimum the yogic benefits of the same.
At the North Pole.. Of Course!!.. now that we think about it…
Lakshmi was telling me today that the Pole Star (Dhruva Nakshatram) is seen higher up in the sku at Hyderabad than it is seen in Bangalore.. and then went on to tell me that Dhruva is directly over head at the north pole.
Bangalore is “pretty equatorial” so our world view, sorry.. ‘star view’ is quite different from what people write in standard books written for other latitudes. We get far greater peek into the ‘southern sky’ compared to the norther-ies.
Valmiki tells us that when Sri Rama visited Lanka he felt the whole sky was all ‘upside down/mixed up’. It wasn’t that the earth shook. It was that everything was in a different place from where he was used to seeing them.
Now I want to go to the North Pole. I want to see Dhruva overhead! At least Scandinavia! No. Also Scandinavia.
Authorship and Copyright Notice : All Rights Reserved : Satya Sarada Kandula.
Writer, Researcher, Photographer
Founder and Professor
Another implication of Maxwell’s work was that electrically charged bodies and magnets separated by large distances do not interact with one another instantaneously but do so by means of the electromagnetic field, which spreads out from one to another body at the speed of light. Jiggle an electric charge at one location, and it is only when the resulting electromagnetic wave reaches a remote charge that the latter will start oscillating in concert. This was utterly different from the mechanical picture of Newton where such action occurs instantaneously.
Close, Frank (). Nothing : A Very Short Introduction.Oxford, , GBR: OUP Oxford, 2009. p 56.http://site.ebrary.com/lib/britishcouncilonline/Doc?id=10362196&ppg=71
For Einstein the contractions are an intrinsic property of space itself. Distances and time intervals as recorded by observers at different speeds take on different measures; what is space for one observer is a mix of space and time for another.
Close, Frank (). Nothing : A Very Short Introduction.
Oxford, , GBR: OUP Oxford, 2009. p 64.