Posts Tagged ‘Saka Kala’
As per Al Biruni, 4000 Kaliyuga = 821 Saka Kala : Reference
That give us 3179 Kaliyuga = 0 Saka kala.
Kaliyuga 0 is 3102 BCE. (As accepted by many millenia of Indian Astronomers.)
Therefore 77 CE (AD), is Saka Era as per Al Biruni
4000 Kaliyuga is the basis of the karanagrantha used by Vateswara
His basis is Vatesvara’s Karanasara : Vatesvara, an ancient Kashmiri Astronomer, his Karanasara and Siddhanta : R.N. Rai, INSA
- 4000 Kaliyuga is the basis of the karanagrantha used by Vateswara. (See : Al Biruni : Kaliyuga , Saka Kala conversion)
- 3000 Kaliyuga must be the basis of the Karanagrantha used by Varahamihira.
- In terms of Vatesvara’s Saka Era, 3000 Kaliyuga is minus 179 Saka Era.
- This means 179 year before the Sakakarta considered by Vatesvara.
- 3000 Kaliyuga was 427 in Varahamihira’s Saka Era.
- Therefore Varahamihira’s Saka Era started 606 years before Vateswara’s Saka Era.
- 1000 = 821-427 + x; x = 606;
See Also : How many kinds of Sakas (Eras) are there?
Authorship and Copyright Notice : All Rights Reserved : Satya Sarada Kandula