Posts Tagged ‘Saka Era’
- Saptarishi Position at the Time of Parikshit’s Birth and Yudhisthira’s Coronation : 74/75 years after Makha beginning : 3138 BCE
- Saptarishi Position at 0 Kaliyuga : 3102 BCE
- Aslesha (given : computed by author ): direction counting backwards by 25 years
- Kaliyuga Raja Vruttantam
- Saptarishi Position at MahaPadma Nanda (Chanakya): Poorvashada middle (observed):
- This is calculated as 10.5 centuries.. direction of counting forwards..
- Taking the direction of counting backwards, and using 100 year per Nakshatra Rule, I get 1650 years after Kaliyuga to the middle of Purvashada (1552 BCE);
- Vishnu Purana, IV, 24.112)
- For resolution see : Which Nanda was indicated by the Saptarishis in Purvashaada Nakshatram : Vishnu Puranam
- Saptarishi Position at the beginning of the Saka Era referred by Varahamihira : (beginning 2526 years after Yudhisthira.. as calculated by Varahamihira, using the 100 year per nakshatra rule given by Vrddha Garga and quoted by Varahamihira).
- We calculate Aslesha counting forwards.
- We calculate Poorvaphalguni counting backwards.
- Brihat Samhita
- Saptarishi Position at the beginning of Saka Era referred by Vateswara :
- Vateswara Siddhanta
- 4000-3102 = 898 BCE
- 4000 years corresponds to a movement of 42.3 nakshatras as per Vateswara; 42.3-27=15.3
- This brings us to the beginning of Uttarashada (counting backwards).
- This brings us the to the beginning of Uttarabhadra (counting forwards).
Saptarishi Position presently : Poorva Phalguni as per Vateswara, Hasta as per Varahamihira, counting backwards.
- Arudra according to me.. just looking at the sky map,, I may be wrong
- If Arudra is right then Bharata War is 58 centuries ago, not 51 centuries ago…
As per Al Biruni, 4000 Kaliyuga = 821 Saka Kala : Reference
That give us 3179 Kaliyuga = 0 Saka kala.
Kaliyuga 0 is 3102 BCE. (As accepted by many millenia of Indian Astronomers.)
Therefore 77 CE (AD), is Saka Era as per Al Biruni
4000 Kaliyuga is the basis of the karanagrantha used by Vateswara
His basis is Vatesvara’s Karanasara : Vatesvara, an ancient Kashmiri Astronomer, his Karanasara and Siddhanta : R.N. Rai, INSA
- 4000 Kaliyuga is the basis of the karanagrantha used by Vateswara. (See : Al Biruni : Kaliyuga , Saka Kala conversion)
- 3000 Kaliyuga must be the basis of the Karanagrantha used by Varahamihira.
- In terms of Vatesvara’s Saka Era, 3000 Kaliyuga is minus 179 Saka Era.
- This means 179 year before the Sakakarta considered by Vatesvara.
- 3000 Kaliyuga was 427 in Varahamihira’s Saka Era.
- Therefore Varahamihira’s Saka Era started 606 years before Vateswara’s Saka Era.
- 1000 = 821-427 + x; x = 606;
See Also : How many kinds of Sakas (Eras) are there?
Authorship and Copyright Notice : All Rights Reserved : Satya Sarada Kandula